Now, why am I blogging? Some of you may know that I am going to school right now. My class that I'm taking is Typography. I've had a lot of people ask me what typography is and my explanations don't do it any justice. Typography is the art and technique of arranging type, type design, and modifying type glyphs. Type glyphs are created and modified using a variety of illustration techniques. ... I know, I totally sounded really smart just now, but that's not my definition, it's wikipedia's. This is a class that allows my "inner geek" to release itself and I ABSOLUTELY love it! I want to inspire people with typography, not bore them. I want people to say, "OOOOOOOooooooo" not "huh" or "ah". Unfortunately, my work right now only inspires the latter reaction, probably more of an "uh . . ." so I'm sending you on a mission. Don't worry, it won't take you long, especially if you have fast internet (I don't). All you have to do is click on the link, which I so kindly provided for you and watch a 4:44 movie done by a BYU Graphic Design professor, and it's all done with type. As in, everything you see that is moving is a letterform of some kind. Whoa, just thinking about it made my heart beat faster. WAIT!!!!!!!!!! Don't roll your eyes, unless your exercising them in preparation to be inspired. I promise you, this is amazing. Let me know what you think. If no one leaves a comment then you're all busted and permanently shunned (haha ha ha. . . . no one's laughing)
Yep, I just watched it, totally worth the 4:44
Now what do you think about Typography?

I watched it, well half of it, (stupid internet that doesn't work great all the time) it was pretty cool. I think you will be good at something like that. Love you geek!:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. I went to the Spori a few months ago and thought of you. (is it still the Spori?) I saw some typography work while I was there. Everything was wonderful and inspiring, ALMOST made me wish I was a student there again. I am a bit jealous of you, I hope you are enjoying it!
ReplyDeleteAlright, alright! I GIVE!!!
ReplyDelete"Hi, My name is Katy and I thinktypographyisprettycool" There. I said it!
That video was awesome! Completely impressed with it!
Rock your inner Dorkyness! Geeks rule.