Monday, April 20, 2009

Jealousy

Mike and I (and Ella) went to West Jordan, UT this weekend as a graduation celebration for Mike. My sister and her two roommates live there and spoiled us terribly. So bad that now I go around the house thinking that there should be at least one of the 5 extra people living here that want to dote on me. I'm still impatiently waiting for that one. In fact I even put on my bathrobe and fuzzy flip flop slippers so when they offer to give me a massage, or a pedicure, I'll be ready. Anyway, Friday night we ate at Joe's Crab Shack, and then went to a movie, "State of Play". Don't ask me really how it was, Ella decided she didn't want to see it. The theatre we went to actually does reserved seating, so when you buy your ticket, you also pick your seats at the same time, then you are guaranteed to get that seat, no matter how early/late you are. Saturday, after a very nice breakfast at home, we went to a go-kart racing place, where we all ended up getting a bad case of whip-lash and woke up sore the next day. (who needs to work out, when you can just go race karts and get the same feeling) Saturday night they took us to a Japanese Steak House (I've never been) called "Tepanyaki." It was SOOOOOOO AMAZING! The food was unbelievable! It was very entertaining to watch them cook your food. They even flipped a piece of shrimp into everyone's mouth, and of course I totally missed (and secretly cried about it later. What a waste of good shrimp) Let me tell you what I had: Gyoze (pretty much like the chinese pot sticker), Japanese egg roll, and the Samurai special which consisted of: filet mignon, shrimp, salmon, and house fried rice. Meat that basically melts in your mouth! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I can't even describe how wonderful it is. The best I can think of is that it was almost the Celestial Kingdom of restaurants. It was THAT good. I didn't get pictures of it but I did find one on the internet of the place, so you know exactly what it looks like when you go out to find it after reading this. Great food+good fun+ even better company= perfect weekend!

4 comments:

  1. glad to know I am not the only one that missed. My shrimp hit me in the face though, that was embarrassing. Those places are so good though. Someday when we are both rich we should go together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhh... let's workout together... the go carts should be opening in Ririe soon. We'll be skinny Dale Earnhart girls... sexy with a twist of white trash- love it. FUN trip- glad you got to go-- I LOOOOOVE Tepanyaki-- and yes, if it's not in Heaven... well, good since we all know where I'm NOT going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Mike on graduating! Where are the pictures? Glad you had a fun trip and got spoiled -- you both deserve it after all those years sitting in school and working awful jobs. The Japanese restaurant sounds yummy. We'll have to find one and go sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH Tepanyaki.... you just got my preggo cravings going, too bad it is 8 am! i will have to wait until later. Congrats on Mike's graduation! What will you do with the extra time now that he is done with classes?

    ReplyDelete