Thursday, June 18, 2009

Life, or something like it

There was an Elder's Quorum Activity tonight, and it was so incredibly fun. We had a Pinewood Derby! The ward provided the car kits for all the couples and gave a list of rules along with it. The rules are as follows: No Rules apply other than. . . . You MUST work on the car with your spouse- NO FIRE. . . however, bricks are acceptable- Must be creative, colorful, and enjoy each other's company- Bring the item of food you signed up for- NO FIGHTING ALLOWED included, but not limited to, screaming, kicking, whining, crying, punching, shoving, etc.
Though the car we ended up with was not our first idea, I gave up while making it and did a switch-a-roo at the last minute. I decided to go with a car like the one's in the game "Life" with the peg people and everything. I placed each "person" in the car just like how we all sit in the van. I think it turned out pretty darn great for only working on it for about 45 minutes.
p.s. Mike did help me with it, like the rules said. . . he painted the wheels blue and put the wheels on-- I know, big help ;)

The passenger side

The Drivers side


The WINNING side
(boo-yah)

Okay, so we didn't actually WIN the Derby, but we did win "Relief Society Choice" for best car. I think because it promoted the commandment to "multiply and replenish" What a very fun activity.


3 comments:

  1. very nice Sharee. You amaze me with your creativity. Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you CRACK me up!! "multiply and replenish"!!! HAHAHAHAH!!! and i LOVE your car... it's da bomb (I Hate that we missed it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Way to go! Looks like we missed out..totally forgot! Way to go on the reward! ;)

    ReplyDelete