Thursday, October 29, 2009

Boo-yah!

What? What's that you say? Yeah, you're seeing it right, I updated my blog. . . . with halloween pictures. . . . before halloween. This is where you insert this post's Title. . . . BOO-YAH! Here's the confession, Emma is not pictured in this post :*( I know, I'm sad too. But, fear not my few blog reader's, she will get her very own, one of a kind post all to herself. She was at school when I took these pictures, so I'll be sure to take pictures of her when she's all dooded up on saturday. That is my way of keeping you coming back, ha ha!

Here we have Zion (aka Leonardo) THE most menacing "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle". The mask he is wearing is actually mask #2 because he has already lost mask #1. Mask #1 was definitely more ninja turtle like, but what you see is what you get in a pinch. It works.

I made everything you see except the hat, and the turtle suit. The shell, the Swords that MIGHT make a fly shiver, the belt, and the mask, all home grown. If Zion likes it, I like it. And guess what. . . . HE LIKES IT!!!!!

Khyla, my Barbie movie lovin, girly girl, had to be like the newest Barbie show, and be a "Muck-sa-teer" (musketeer) Aunt Shaneen made her an awesome cape, I made a mask way too big for her cute little face, but threw on a few "spark-er-lers" and she forgot all about the fact that she could barely see. Genius! The Dress was from Grandma Downie's skilled, and I emphasize the word "SKILLED", garage sale perusing, and the hat was an expensive Dollar Store purchase.

After watching the "Barbie and the Musketeers" movie (thank you Netflix), Khyla learned the ever famous, "All for one and one for all" However, she has a tendency to put her own spin on things and says, "One for all, and All for all" or, "All for one, and All for Two".

Ella the Ella-phant. Can you get any cuter than this? Her Aunt Shaneen is the best for making such a CUTE costume. I really wanted Ella to be an elephant, and Shaneen made sure it happened. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I think she is sooooooooooooooo (inhale) oooooooooooooooo cute!


I have not been totally excited about Halloween this year, because of having to make so much, and it keeps me too busy to be able to just enjoy the events, but seeing the smiles on these cute little faces makes it all worth it. However, next year they're all gonna be ghost's.

2 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest costumes! I can't believe Shaneen made that elephant costume! That takes talent! We made costumes this year from stuff around the house. It was kind of fun and a lot less expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAAAA-YUTE!!!! love how the ELLA-phant turned out... adora-freakin-ble!! I'm thinking Khyla and Zion have a future in modeling costumes... REPRESENTIN'!!

    ReplyDelete