We celebrated Zion's birthday the other day, and all day long I kept thinking, "How did five years go by so quickly?" Every time I would look at him, I couldn't help but think how grown up he was. He would always ask when he could go to kindergarten, and I would tell him, when he was five. So now, he thinks that he will get to go on the bus with Emma, come Monday, to go to his kindergarten class instead of preschool. Who was the one to come up with kids only getting to stay at home with their moms until they turn five? Five years is not long enough for me to feel successful at teaching my babies all they need to know to survive the world, but I have confidence that I have given him enough guidance to make good choices. Needless to say, I love my Zion! He is a tease, has a great sense of humor, is pretty easy going, and a joy to be around. He's also a transformer lovin', wii playin' maniac.

For his birthday he chose to go to McDonald's for dinner, ( my personal un-favorite), but it was left completely up to him. Then we had "Better than almost anything" cake, which Khyla blew out the candles before we finished singing happy birthday. So that probably ruined his wish too, as he more than likely wished for a different sister :) He got a Megatron transformer from his Aunt Krista, Yolanda, and Jen. A painting set from his aunt Val, A "ten dollar" from grandma and grandpa F. and a spiderman wii game from his family. Spoiled rotten kid! He had a great day, I know cause he told me, and we enjoyed celebrating with him.


Did I mention he was pretty goofy?
Aw Zion is the coolest ever! Happy Birthday!!! I'm laughing and laughing, wishing I could have seen Khyla jump the gun on his candles... oh the antics that go on in the Downie home!
ReplyDeleteps. you, me, a few roman candles and eggs-- we'll get our landlord yet