I just wanted to give a snippet about mother's day. First off I need to inform you that church starts at 8:30 in the morning, so breakfast in bed was out. But I thought that I would show my kids that I am a great mother and had breakfast waiting for them on the table when they woke up. Nothing fancy, just bagels with their favorite cream cheese on top (they love bagels). Then to prove I really was great, not just faking it, I didn't even get frustrated when we didn't get out the door by 8:15 to be in our seats by 8:20 (church is only a couple of blocks away). I am a "Get to church at least 10 minutes early" nazi/drill sergeant, so I'm sure this was a real treat for my otherwise rushed family. I know, I know, I'm supposed to be the one getting the gifts, but I needed to show my family I was worthy of their graveling and chanting of "All hail the Queen". They must have decided that I was worth something cause Zion, while sitting at church, asked me to lean forward so he could give me my mother's day present. . . . . a back rub! What more could a mom ask for from her 5 year old? Emma gave me a cook book that her 1st grade school class made for all their moms. The recipe she submitted was as follows:
"Mom's Really Good Macaroni and Cheese"
"Mom buys the food at Walmart. When she gets home she puts some macaroni and then the cheese into a pot. She cooks it at 50 degrees for 40 minutes."
"My mom is special because she loves me."
Who knew Kraft mac-n-cheese took so long to cook? Khyla took a nap with me, which is a real treat for the both of us. I never get a nap, and Khyla never takes one, so it was like double whammy for me. Mike made me dinner. He grilled me the perfect ribeye steak. Just enough pink in the middle to cause the meat to melt in your mouth. Totally delicious!!!! The whole day was nice day, the kind that makes a really poor person feel rich.
Um... i think we need a "Do-Over" on your post... you forgot to mention the best part EVER!!!! Me, knocking down your door in the middle of yours and Khyla's naptime, of course!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your version of Mac n' Cheese, must be one of those snobby French recipes that require the perfect humidity, all the stars are aligned, peace in the middle east... you know, the PERFECT mac n' cheese.
But on a serious note, You're a great mom. You dance around with your kids, you're silly, you're a great example and are so full of love- I hope to be a mom like you one day (well, except for the mac n' cheese, honestly lady, that's SACRIFICE)
Happy Mother's Day!!